Want to study in UK?
If you have any questions regarding any of our services please fill out the form below and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
UK Student visa checklist – Process Explained!
Once you have secured an admission to your choice of University in UK, next step to secure student visa from UK Government. Students who have been offered a place in a course at a UK educational institution with a valid Tier 4 sponsor can apply for student visa which is categorized Tier 4 (General) student visa.
Type of Student visa : Tier 4 (General)
Who can apply : Students who have been offered a place in a course at a UK educational institution with a valid Tier 4 sponsor.
When to Apply : Three months before the start of your course Valid: Up to one month before if your course lasts more than six months.
Before you apply Tier 4 student visa, you must:
– You have secured an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsorer.
-Your English competency level must be at satisfied level and you should able to speak, read, write and understand English.
-Have enough money to pay your tuition fee plus you can support your living expenses for your course duration.
Funds that are required to be shown for visa purpose
Tuition fee of the first year + Living Expenses for 9 months
“Living Expenses = £9135 (£1015*9 months) for Universities that are away from London.
Living Expenses = £11385 (£1265*9 months) for Universities located in London “
Documents required for Tier 4 student visa
A valid passport or other valid travel documentation
Evidence of funds to provide your living expenses for the duration of your course
Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) reference number and documents used to obtain CAS
Passport-sized colour photographs Tuberculosis screening (if required)
Assessment documentation Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance certificate (if required)
Additional documents may also be needed if you are: Under 18 years of age Have family (dependents)
Please bear in mind that these are the general visa guidelines and requirements, We would request you to speak to TMC Visa counsellor for a detailed list of documents required for visa processing
Online Visa Application:
you have to apply visa online using the British Government’s official https://www.gov.uk website. As stated earlier, You can apply up to three months before your intended date of travel to the UK.
We have attached the below enlisted documents for your assistance:
- List of Financial institutions accepted by UKVI. <<Download>>
- Sample Bank Balance Certificate. <<Download>>
- Sample FD balance certificate. <<Download>>
- Sample Education Loan sanction letter.<<Download>>
- A list of ‘original documents’ required to be carried by the applicant to the VFS for Visa interview. <<Download>>
- A mock interview questionnaire – Please ask the student to be prepared for the interview based on these questions. <<Download>>
- A list of panel Hospitals from where the applicant has to undergo his medicals (Chest X-ray and TB test).<<Download>>
- Sample Letter of Consent, if the funds are in parents’ account..<<Download>>
- Sample Under 18 consent letter to be signed by applicant’s parents (if applicable)..<<Download>>
How can The Mentors Circle help with visa applications?
Applying to UK through The Mentors Circle, we will ensure that we help you with entire admission process starting from Applying to University to Getting your visa approved. We’ll make sure you are fully informed on the latest visa requirements and conditions; and also help you prepare the right documents for your submission.
We keep you updated with latest updates from official Universities and visa office websites to ensure you have the latest applications forms and guidance.