Need help for Ireland study visa?
Ireland Student visa Application - Process explained!
Study visa application timeline:
Embassy of Ireland accepts visa application 120 days prior to the start date of your course. for course staring in Sep, Visa application process starts from May 1 every year. It is always advisable to file visa as early as you can in order to avoid lengthy visa processing time. Though, Embassy of Ireland official processing time for visa decision is 6 weeks but it depends time/period of your visa filing.
*Please note during the 2020 intake due to COVID-19 this is will not be possible – You can still begin your application online as of now but submitting documents to the VFS will not be possible. Please do this as soon as the offices are open and as soon as you are safe to do so.
What is the last date date to lodge my visa application?
Please note that visa office won’t accept visa file if you don’t give them 21 working days duration prior to your course start date. Even they might accept visa application but they won’t make any decision on visa application and return your file without any decision.
Ireland Student Visa Documentation Checklist
- Original Passport. (All previous passports & New). The passport requires validity to cover the course duration and it should have 4 continuous blank pages for Visa stamping.
- Visa fees INR 10000(approx). Card payment only.
- Photographs (45-50mm in height and 35-38mm in width, a plain white or light grey background, the face takes up 70-80% of the frame and without borders). See the specs: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/visa-application-photos
- Marriage certificate of the student & Birth certificate of Children (If applicable)
- Same person with different name affidavit from student and all the financial sponsors if there is any mismatch in name. Please use plain paper for the same, No need to get notary or stamp. Sample: Downloadhttp://thementorscircle.com/checklist/same_name.pdf
- 10th certificate
- 12th certificate
- All Marksheets list of Diploma /Degree/ Master’s Degree
- Diploma/Degree /Master’s Degree certificate. (If student has just finished the degree and has not received the degree certificate, then the student must obtain provisional degree certificate from the university or college stating clearly class obtained)
- Other Certificates relevant to your chosen program. (If any)
- Transcript ( If available thought its not mandatory)
- Internship certificate (If applicable)
- IELTS / PTE/ TOEFL/ DUOLINGO Test Certificate
- Gap Explanation (If you have any academic or experience gap for more than 1 year should provide clarification with adequate evidence)
- Updated Resume – should be signed by the candidate.
- Previous visa refusal letters (if any )
- Work Experience letter and all the supporting documents such as
- 6 months Salary account statement.
- 3 months salary slips
- PF / ESI statement(if any)
- Relieving Letter
- If you currently working and have not resigned then Appointment letter.
Statement Of Purpose (SOP) – covering following points:
- Self Introduction ( Family, education and experience background)
- Why this program?
- Why this Institute?
- Why Ireland?
- How this program is beneficial to me? ( Job opportunities, list of companies interested to work , expected salary )
Documents from Institutions
- Unconditional Offer letter
- Offer acceptance Letter
- Offer acceptance fee payment receipt (Swift/Telax/TransferMate)
- Letter from Institution confirming min 50% fee has been paid along with (Swift/Telax/TransferMate) from Bank.
Please note :
New 50% Tuition fee payment Rule:Visa Office in Delhi has made an adjustment to the student visa application process w.e.f from 2019. it states the following “The Visa Officer will only assess study applications where a student has paid at least €6000 towards their fee if it is under €12000. If less than €6000 has been paid in these cases the visa application will be refused. If the fee is more than €12000 the student must pay at least half of the total fee amount or the visa application will be refused.” Please seeHere should you wish to see this new rule change in full on the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade website (Embassy of Ireland India).
Police Clearance Certificate :
In order to apply Ireland student visa, you need to obtain Police Clearance Certificate(PCC).
Please note the process for obtaining Police Clearance Certificate (PCC):
Go to the passport Seva website link below, and take an appointment date and center convenient to you http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp
List of Documents Required for PCC Issuance If address is same as it is on Passport:
Passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages including ECR/Non-ECR page and page of observation (if any).
If your present address different from that in the existing passport: Old passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages including ECR/Non-ECR page and page of observation (if any) and Proof of Present Address.
Sample PCC: (Download Sample).
Please prefer ODON Insurance Please note there is no medical test for this. All you have to do is – fill it online and make payment for it. You should be able to get instant copy of Medical Insurance.
Sample : (Download Sample).
Documents prepared by us (Mentors Circle Team)
- Visa Cover letter – Letter explaining and covering every details of documents. we help out student with this. Sample : (Download Sample)
- Financial Metrics – This is the very important documents which will explain everything about financial required and finance available from student, we will prepare it for you. Sample: Download Sample)
- Online visa form which is also called as AVATS form: https://www.visas.inis.gov.ie/AVATS/OnlineHome.aspx
- Student questionnaire form which can be downloaded here: https://www.vfsglobalirelandvisa.com/India/pdf/Supplementary-Student-Application-Form-en.pdf. this form might get changed and we will let you know accordingly.
How much fund do I need in order to make sure my visa application is approved?
Total fund needed = Tuition Fee + Living Expenses
You must show evidence that you have immediate access to at least €10,000. This is the estimated cost of living in Ireland for a student for one academic year.
Fund can be shown:
Primary sponsors – Applicant(self), Mother, father, spouse, Mother-in-law, Father-in-law, brother, sister, grandparents are allowed to show funds on Candidate’s behalf.
Money can be shown in the form of:
- Saving account – Account statement has to be minimum 6 months, and if there are large withdrawals or deposit then you need to put source/explanations for them.Source of fund if the fund is less six months matured.Bank manager’s sign & bank seal is mandatory.
- Fixed deposits – You can show fixed deposits which have to be more than 6 months old. Please note that you have to send the Original fixed deposit receipt along with recent fixed deposit letter.Bank manager’s sign & bank seal is mandatory . (Download Sample).
- Education loan – In recent years, Embassy of Ireland has objected 100% education loan taken by the student, that is, if the student does not show any other funds apart from the 100% education loan. There is no rule that one cannot go for 100% education loan, but the point being the embassy wants to see family funding as well. For example, if you/your family have fixed deposits/PF/EPF/Bonds/LIC or any other investment, and you do not want to break that investment. In that case, you can go for 100% education loan and put all investment-related documents along with the visa application. The Visa office will not have any problem with that. If money has been disbursed then you need to provide Loan Disbursement Letter (Download Sample) as well.
- Property pledged Educational loan sanction letter- Pledged property should be in the name of the eligible sponsors only. (Maturity is not required). All the supporting documents of collateral security details such as property valuation report from bank and copy of property deed should be submitted along with the loan sanction letter from bank.
- Public Provident Fund (PPF – Download Sample)/Provident Fund (PF) – if you can’t manage PF Letter then make sure you have PF statement with seal and signature from your office or respective PF Office(Download Sample) /GPF – along with Statement, you need to provide letter from respective office. (Download Sample).
- Additionally, you can show LIC surrender Certificate (Download Sample), you can also show Mutual funds or Stock Statements (DMAT Account).
- Sale of Property : If the fund is arranged through property sale, it is mandatory to submit Sale Deed, Copy of Cheques, copy of transactions, copy of EC or receipt from Registrars department etc.
- Please note that Gold loans /Loan against FDs with less than 6 months maturity/Over Draft /Housing loan/ Chit funds are not acceptable.
Sponsorer’s documents : Photocopy self signed ( you dont need original documents)
- Identity card : Passport bio-pages/PAN card/Aadhar Card – which clearly states your relationship with your sponsorer.
- Sponsorship Letter : (Download Sample)
- 3 yrs Income tax return for your sponsorer. If ITRs not available then Form 16 would work. If your sponsorer is retired then pension letter would
- Financial documents as explained in point – H.
If your sponsorer is NRI: Please note that you dont need your sponsorer to send you original documents as photocopy would work but make sure all docs are self signed.
- Identity card : copy of Passport bio-pages/PAN card/Aadhar Card – which clearly states your relationship with your sponsorer
- Sponsorship Letter : (Download Sample)
- 3 months salary slips and Employment documents
- Income related documents.
- Visa copy
- Proof of relationship
What if my visa application is rejected?
First of all I would like to state that we are very proud of our visa success rate which is 97%. The Mentors Circle (TMC) has grown exponentially in the last few years and has quickly established the reputation of being a trustworthy and highly regarded provider of quality students’ to the University sector in Ireland. Indeed the level of engagement to our students is , in our opinion, second to none and is reflected in TMC’s nomination as ‘Agent of the Year 2017’ by Enterprise Ireland.
This has recently been endorsed by Enterprise Ireland (EI), when TMC were one of a small handful of selected agents requested to visit Irish Universities to establish greater engagement and future dialogue with the university sector in Ireland. As you are aware, this selection by EI would be made in consultation with the Irish Embassy who would have recommend selected quality agents of the basis of their reputation, quality of visa file submission and approval rate. It is a matter of record that TMC received only 6 refusals from the all visa file submissions; a spectacular and enviable 97% success rate with The Irish Embassy in Delhi.
If for any reason, your visa application is rejected – we can appeal the visa office decision addressing all the concerns raised by Visa office. I have personally have been helping students for appeals even though they were not TMC students.